Government allocates land for a permanent Secretariat of the Colombo Plan
The Colombo Plan, the only inter-governmental organization located in Sri Lanka has received a plot of land to construct its permanent Secretariat in Colombo as approved by the Cabinet of Ministers in 2014....
Two UN Special Rapporteurs to undertake a Joint Visit to Sri Lanka from 29 April to 7 May 2016
The Special Rapporteur on the independence of judges and lawyers, Mónica Pinto, and the Special Rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, Juan E. Méndez, will undertake a joint visit to Sri Lanka from 29 April to 7 May 2016, at the invitation of the Government....
Statement to Media by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera after bilateral meeting with Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallström. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Colombo. 25 April 2016
It has been an honour and a privilege to welcome Sweden’s Foreign Minister, the Hon. Margot Wallström, to Sri Lanka this morning. This visit follows-on from the meeting we had in Geneva just over a year ago and President Sirisena and Prime Minister Wickresinghe’s meetings with Prime Minister Stefan Lofven at the Boao Forum and World Economic F...
Minister for Foreign Affairs of Sweden Margot Wallström to visit Sri Lanka: 24-26 April 2016
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sweden Margot Wallström will pay an official visit to Sri Lanka from 24-26 April 2016 at the invitation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mangala Samaraweera....
Message of Condolence for Earthquake in Ecuador
The Government and people of Sri Lanka are deeply saddened by the tragic loss of many lives caused by the sudden earthquake in Ecuador on 17th April.
The Government conveys heartfelt and profound condolences to the bereaved families of those who lost their lives....
- President Maithripala Sirisena condoles with Japanese earthquake victims
- Joint Statement between the People's Republic of China and the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka at the conclusion of the Official Visit of Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Acting Foreign Minister meets Members of German-South Asia Parliamentary Friendship Group
- Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera reaffirms commitment to strengthen and consolidate the Sri Lanka-Australia bilateral partnership
- Workshop on Open Government Partnership held on 4-5 April in Colombo
Monday to Friday
9.00 a.m. to 4.45 p.m.
34, Homi Modi Street
Mumbai - 400 001